Part Time Courses
City and Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation:
The FBI Chef School and Patisserie Academy under guidance of Chef Patisserie, Nicolas D. van der Walt, has just launched an exciting part time City and Guilds Training Program in Food Preparation studies that can be completed in the evenings and under his professional guidance.
The City and Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation is now open for enrollments at the FBI Chef School and Patisserie Academy.
A one year training program consisting of 10 Saturday classes, together with introductory theory lessons, research and assignments, is now within reach of the food enthusiast.
Syllabus consists of the following classes:
- Food Safety and Introduction to basic kitchen procedures
- Knife skills, stocks, soups and breads
- 3 x Theory Classes
- 14 Cooking methods – 3 course meal
- 3 Course meal on 2 menus with molecular gastronomy
- Cold presentation and canapes
- Pasta making and pasta dishes
- Christmas menu from different countries
- City & Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation (8065-01)
- City & Guilds Certificate in Food Safety (8065-01/203)
- FBI Workshop attendance certificate
- Basic chefs’ knife set
- 1 x Chefs Jacket
- 1 x Apron
- Course notes and training material
- Cooking Ingredients
- International Theory & practical examination (Nov / Jun)
Total Cost amounts to: R47 000.00 (R20 000.00 Deposit payable on confirmation)
Skills programs in food preparation and pastry studies (part time)
• Evening / Saturday Workshops
With each of our workshops, you will receive one FBI attendance certificate indicating the workshop you attended.
Cost is from R4 200.00 to R4 500.00 per Pastry workshop and R895.00 to R950.00 per workshop,
Enrolement form – City and Guilds Training Program in Pastry
Enrolement form – Workshop
Enrolement form Skill programs